Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Bird Girl

I wish I was a bird sometimes. If I was a bird I could go anywhere I wanted, anytime. I wouldn’t have to rely on modern transportation, or anyone else for that matter. I could just take off and get above it all. Then I could enjoy life for what it really is: a fun flight that will eventually come to an end, but until then shouldn’t be taken too seriously.

And it's funny, but I think this little dream of mine is reflected in my appearance sometimes. My friend even decided that the best animal to fit my personality would be a bird (and then proceeded to paint a portrait of me wearing a crane mask). It makes me wonder, are our personalities and appearances made up of all our little dreams and fantasies? When you look at a person are you seeing more than just their faces, but also their entire mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment