Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remember

Ten years ago today I walked out into the kitchen to get my lunch ready for what I thought would be a normal day in fourth grade. But as I looked up at the small TV sitting on the counter I saw two buildings I didn't recognize with smoke coming out of them. I watched as suddenly the towers fell in on themselves as if they had been made of toothpicks. Everyone was scared and upset. I didn't understand why.
It wasn't until I got to school that I began to learn the true nature of what had happened. They told us there were people in those buildings, many of which had died when the planes had crashed into them. I couldn't understand why anyone would fly a plane into a building full of people. All I new was that the people who did were called terrorists, and that they were bad people.
I grew up in a world after 9/11, and I will always remember that day. Even if we learn to forgive, we must never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment